Today’s topic is: “What made you fall in love with your spouse?”
There wasn’t a single event that made me fall in love with my wonderful husband Kurt. There were a thousand little things and here are just a few of them.
1. I love how organized he is.
2. I love the results of his amazing attention to detail.
3. I love how patient and level-headed he is.
4. I love how we have the same ideas about how to spend money.
5. I love how he lets me do my own thing, whatever that happens to be at the time.
6. I love that he is a wonderfully loving father to our two daughters.
7. I love that he doesn’t criticize me even though the house isn’t as clean as he’d like.
8. I love how he always looks handsome and rugged with his 5 o’clock shadow.
9. I love when he takes the girls for a few hours so I can have time to myself.
10. I love when he surprises me with date nights.
11. I love that he cooks perfect fried eggs.
12. I love how he makes me a cup of tea before I get out of bed.
13. I love that he takes care of my car for me.
14. I love that he likes my family.
15. I love that his family likes me.
16. I love how hard working he is.
17. I love that he picked me to raise his family.
18. I love that he was supportive when I wanted to deliver our babies at home.
19. I love how he is constantly trying to improve his health.
20. I love that he continues to welcome change in his life.
He may not be comfortable hearing it too often, but my husband is a wonderful and remarkable man. I hope he knows how much I respect him as a man, a husband, and a father. And my love for him continues to grow every day.
What made you fall in love?
~ Phoebe DeCook